My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Flathaus was created by a Designer - for Designers, and is founded upon the principal that if we work together as a community of colleagues, we can build a marketplace where both Consumers AND Designers reap the benefits. Who doesn't love passive income?
Also, we're a pretty awesome community of Designers, be awesome with us!
We require you to have:
- Minimum 2 years experience working within the residential interior design industry.
- 5 project minimum, independently and successfully sourcing finishes and fixtures to meet client budget constraints.
- Your professional portfolio as seen on your website or socials should showcase a sensitivity for balanced composition, light quality and artistic flair.
You are responsible for
- Meeting our application requirements,
- Uploading your finish package with the corresponding specification document.
- Ensuring your specification document is free of errors, typos or misrepresentations.
- Rectifying a customer dispute caused by any error, typo or misrepresentation on your specification document.
- Ensuring the products that you are specifying are available and are not about to be discontinued.
- Ensuring you choose finishes or fixtures that are priced appropriately for the level of package you are selling.
- Flathaus does not require you to offer customization options to customers. Packages are purchased "As Is".
Designers earn 80% on each of their packages that are sold.
(When a homeowner purchases a finish package they are purchasing a license to use the specifications for their renovation project. The Designer maintains ownership of the Design itself).
Designers with packages that have sold will be paid out on the same day of each month.
Flathaus uses electronic transfers to send Designer payments direct to their inbox.
Yes, Designers set the price of their finish packages.
-As a rule of thumb, we recommend your package price is approximately 1% of the overall finishing budget required to finish an average sized room with your specified finishes (exclusive of construction costs or project management fees). i.e. A $400 pkg. means it would cost approx. $40,000 to outfit an average sized room with your finishes.
-We recommend package prices start at a minimum of $195 CAD. Packages priced at $195 will have finishes that are curated for very tight budgets. (for example: ready-to-assemble cabinetry/big box store fixtures).
-When uploading a package you can opt for Flathaus to set the price based on best practice.
-No, we ask Designers to tell us which Budget Category their package fits into, as a Designer may choose to price their package higher or lower than the recommended 1% rule of thumb.
-The Budget Category of your package is what ultimately informs the customer on what budget range to expect when implementing your finishes in their space (regardless of the package price).
Budget Categories Are:
$ Budget = $0-$30k
$$ Budget = $30k-$50k
$$$ Budget = $50k-$75k
$$$$ Budget = $75k+
Fill out our online Designer Application . Then click "Apply" to activate your application process.
*Flathaus reserves the right to decline applications or package submissions.
We highly recommend you have your clients permission to use photos of their home, prior to using it to create a Flathaus package.
Here are some suggestions if we may:
1) Some Designers prefer to use Flathaus as an outlet to play with new product or dream up the most amazing finish combinations.
2) Photos or renderings help the customer visualize the finishes in a space. Some of our Designers have used photos from custom projects purely as concept photos. The Designer then selected finishes inspired by the photo, creating a package with similar looking finishes at prices to fit a tighter budget. A "Get this look for less" concept.
Your company contact info will not be available on Flathaus.com.
To create efficiency and help minimize your time involvement Flathaus does not support direct messaging between designers and customers.
Flathaus customers are directed to contact Flathaus Customer Service with questions regarding packages.
If a customer expresses interest in hiring the Designer for custom design services, we will provide the customer with a link to your company website.
Flathaus sells your finish packages as the set package you provide. No customization is offered.
To be proactive, we recommend you check your packages for disco'd finishes every 6 months to a year.
If we are notified by a customer that one of your packages contains a disco'd product, you will be notified by Flathaus and the package will be taken off-line.
You can choose to supply the customer with one replacement product per discontinued product, or refund the sale. Choosing to refund the sale will result in a debit against your account for the amount that you originally earned from the sale.
You may update the package with the replacment product and re-submit the package.
(This is not an ad)
There are so many resources available on this subject, but we like this video by Hueguh: Beginner tips on how to set up, take and edit a flatlay image. Link below.
Portable light boxes are available for purchase through Amazon and Adobe Lightroom provides a free app that's easy to use for basic photo adjustments.
- Jpeg file format,
- Resolution: 2048x2048 pixel min - 4472x4472 pixel max / 72dpi,
- Remove brand/finish labels from samples prior to taking the photo,
- Full spectrum (think sunlight), indirect lighting.
- Jpeg file format,
- Resolution: 2048 pixel min - 4472 pixel max / 72dpi,
- Professional photography preferred.
- PDF format
- Branded with your company logo at the top
Once you have been verified and accepted as a Flathaus certified Interior Designer, you will be given access to our Designer Upload Hub.
There is a brief verification period between submission and when your package goes live.
You will receive an email to notify you when your package has gone live.
It is the sole responsibility of the Flathaus customer to receive professional advice from an installer/ supplier, in determining the suitability of a product for their application, prior to ordering.